Sandra is the Sales Director at Sage VIP and she is strategically involved in the management of the business as a whole. She is responsible for business development of new markets by growing Sage VIP’s market share across all market segments. “My career is jam-packed with many highlights, such as the launch of several innovative products and the growth of Sage VIP from a small family business to a business with 730 employees and a customer base of more than 26 000 customers.”
According to her, women in a corporate environment will always be faced with equality challenges. “However, we should recognise our differences and use it to rather build on the many talents and strengths woman indeed can offer in the workplace. This mind-set has helped me to never really experience the differences as challenges, but rather as opportunities to do things differently.”
Sandra’s secret to a healthy work-life balance: I believe in exercising daily and to also participate in various running and cycling events – small or big. This is something I treasure and it has had an amazing positive impact on my life because it ensured wonderful friends and relationships, something which has kept me well-balanced in my career.
Sandra’s advice to other women in a corporate environment:
· Be confident and approachable
· Never stop the learning process, be inquisitive about everything. Ensure you are up to date with business and technology issues by reading regularly
· Surround yourself with strong, optimistic and positive individuals.
· Always be true to yourself, no matter what
· Work hard, always give your best and work as if the business is your own. You will then feel a sense of achievement
· Be passionate about the company you work for. My passion has really given me an amazing career